Handprint Fall Tree

This project I did with my art class back in the Fall. It is a tissue paper collage background and then a finger painted tree ontop.
 Here is what we did:
1)  Tissue Paper Collage Background-
I gave the kids a dish of glue mixed with water, a sponge brush and strips of blue, purple, green and yellow tissue paper.  They used the blue and purple to create the sky and the green and yellow to create the grass.  I encouraged then to layer the colors and put glue on the paper first then over top of the tissue to make it stick.
 When that was done I gave the kids brown paint and a brush and had them paint the back of one hand and a bit of their wrist-then they made a print of their hand on the paper.  Some kids also decided to add exrta branches.  Then they dipped their finger in orange yellow and red paint to make the leaves.  These came out so beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts