Colorful Collage



 I got the idea for this project from a friend. I tested this project with Kyle and he had a blast.  So I used it with the kids in my art class and they really enjoyed it too. You use contact paper and tissue paper.  First, I cut the contact paper into two squares (the same size).  Then cut the tissue paper into various shapes.
 I put one piece down in front of Kyle and gave him the tissue paper to arrange on.  He liked how they stuck right away wherever he put them!  I also gave him some foam hearts and other shapes.  We even tried adding some paperclips!
 He made this first one and called it a robot:)
 Then we made a second one was just tissue  and tried to get him to layer the tissue paper and when you hold it up to the light you can see what colors they make.
.
When you are done arranging the tissue paper  you can lay the other sheet of contact paper on and hang it in the window for a stained glass look

With the kids in my art class I  taught them  a little about color mixing.  So I showed them the color wheel and had them explore mixing some colors with tempera paint before doing the collage.
.

Comments

Popular Posts